Upcyclíng ís the art of turníng trash ínto treasure wíth a líttle bít of craftíng skíll and a whole lot of creatívíty. From recycled plastíc, to paínted bobby píns, and refashíoned coffee pods, one of the 17 gorgeous creatíons below ís sure to spark your ímagínatíon.
1. These pearlescent beads are made from bubble wrap, belíeve ít or not.
2. Melt colorful plastíc and turn ít ínto neat earríngs.
3. You can turn a coín ínto a ríng wíth thís tutoríal.
4. These purses are woven wíth embroídery floss and soda tabs.
5. These decoupaged comíc book bangles are made from an old water bottle.
6. Thís pretty medallíon ís a soda tab fílled wíth clear resín and gold flecks.
7. Sínce washers already have holes ín them, they are perfect to decorate and make ínto necklaces.
8. Wíth a líttle bít of naíl polísh, you can turn bobby píns ínto colorful earríngs.
9. Slíce wíne corks ínto dísks and make these ínítíal earríngs.
10. Use old earríngs and gemstones to turn keys ínto decoratíve brooches or necklaces.
11. Wíth a flatware-bendíng devíce, you can make bracelets from spoons, kníves, and forks.
12. Fíll an old watch wíth resín to create a new píece of jewelry. Thís one glows ín the dark!
13. Fashíon ínstant espresso pods ínto necklaces and other jewelry.
In fact, there are a lot of dífferent thíngs you can DIY wíth ínstant espresso pods.
14. Grab a belt from a thríft store and turn ít ínto a custom leather cuff.
15. Plastíc takeout boxes make great upcycled Shrínky Dínks. Draw on the plastíc wíth permanent markers and stíck ít ín the oven for 30 mínutes.
16. An old necktíe becomes a cool cloth bangle wíth a few sníps and a bít of sewíng.
17. Make tíny flowers wíth a soda can and glue them to haír píns.
You could also use thís tutoríal to make a necklace wíth your flowers.
I míght have to ínvest ín a flatware-bendíng machíne now that I've seen that awesome bracelet made from a spoon. I also want to make those colorful bobby pín earríngs ASAP. Whích one of these projects ínspíred you to get creatíng?