Summer is the perfect time to get a fresh new look. Gone are all the layers of winter and in come all the breezy, colorful patterns that pair perfectly with fun in the sun.
And it seems like our pup friends feel the same. Every year, they jump at the chance to give their fluffy coats a nice green hue right after their humans mow the lawn. It’s a hilarious (and messy) tradition, but they just look so cute, it’s hard to stop them.
1. “Okay, now let’s get my back!”
2. “New summer, new me!”
3. “Did I miss a spot?”
4. This fancy lady prefers a subtle ombré look.
5. He was so sure he’d washed away the evidence.
6. “We still have the whole front yard to do, too!”
7. “Just wait ’til they see me at the park tomorrow. Bruno is gonna flip.”
8. No reason darker dogs should be left out of all the fun.
9. “What is a ‘leprechaun’ and why are you calling me one?”
10. “I’ll be inside in a minute! I only got a base coat!”
11. “Yeah, I won’t go in for a round two…promise…heh heh…”
12. “Hm, I don’t know, can we get this shade a little bolder?”
13. Puppy? I think you mean “Muppet.”
14. At least she stayed in just their yard this time.
15. “The other dogs called me ‘pea paws.'”
16. “What? Do I have something on my face?”
17. He’s waiting for his treat for all his “help” in the yard.
18. “Shh…I hear the neighbor starting up their mower.”
19. “Dye job? How dare you!”
20. “I don’t know what you’re talking about. I just looked in the mirror and I’m still the same shade of gray.”
21. “Can I look like this all year? Please???”
22. “But…I didn’t even get to that patch over there!”
23. “The cat made me do it. I swear.”
24. Y’know, it really does suit this handsome guy.
I suddenly feel like I should be buying St. Patrick’s Day decorations…but I think I’ll just take another look at all these silly faces one more time.
Okay, maybe two more times…